- This event has passed.
Marion Audubon Society Christmas Bird Count
December 17, 2018
Marion Audubon society is conducting the annual Audubon Christmas Bird Count in Southwest Marion County on Monday morning, December 17, and is in need of volunteers and two pontoon boats to serve at various locations in SW Marion County.
Contact Judy Greenberg, chairman Christmas Bird Count, at email@example.com as soon as possible to volunteer to be a team leader and/or team member.
2018 SW Marion Christmas Bird Count Date of Count: Monday, December 17, 2018
CBC Happens Rain or Shine – No Rain Date!! Warm or Cold – We Count the Birds!
• We like to list your team members: Team Member Updates by Monday, Dec. 3rd
Marion Audubon Society Contact: Judy Greenberg, 352-871-1094
Process 2018 CBC
2. Team Leaders receive Full Packet on Dec. 10, 2018 – Forms by E-Mail
3. Team Leader is responsible for assembling Team to include: Driver, Bird
Spotter & Tabulator/Recorder.
4. Each Team is responsible for determining their logistics to best accomplish the
bird count in their area: Start Time, Meeting Location, Lunch Breaks, etc.
5. Team Leader or designee Mails Completed Bird Count Forms to Larry Sutton by December 30, 2018
6. 2018 Forms sent by E-Mail:
a. Team Leader List – Updated with latest info.
b. Species Checklist – Must Be Completed at End of Count and Mailed to
Larry Sutton. Page 3 of Form must include Statistics about the count
located on the right side of the page. Thank You.
c. Taxonomy Field Checklist – One of 2 forms that can be used to record the
bird counts during the count.
d. Tally Sheet – An Alphabetical list of species that can be used to record
the bird counts during the count.
e. Field Trip Waiver – Standard liability waiver used by Marion Audubon Society. Thank You.
f. Rare Bird Form – Return Completed Form to Larry Sutton with the completed Species List. Marion Audubon Society will handle getting these to Bruce Anderson.
CBC Circle: SW Marion – Team Leader List – October 27, 2018 Area Information: Number – Name – Status (Covered or No Coverage)