- This event has passed.
Birding 101 @ Arlington Lions Club Boat Ramp Park (Jacksonville)
September 5 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
PLEASE NOTE: Attendance will be limited to no more than 20 people, and pre-registration is required. If you register and find you cannot attend, PLEASE cancel your registration to allow others to participate.
Partially in a shady hammock and partially along the St. Johns River, this site provides excellent opportunities for birding and wildlife watching on the boardwalk connecting this park to Blue Cypress Park. It’s possible to see Red-headed Woodpecker, warblers, and both species of Night Herons, plus other birds like Bald Eagle, Osprey, gulls and terns. This trip is perfect for beginning birders.
Let’s meet in the parking lot near the restrooms at 8:00 am and fill out the sign in sheets. Bring your binoculars, water, insect repellent, and a hat if desired.
COVID-19 NOTE: Masks are not mandatory per the new CDC guidelines, but for the safety of all participants and volunteers, masks and social distancing are strongly recommended. Please, no sharing of binoculars or scopes.
Please do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days:
– A new fever
– A new cough that is not because of another illness
– A new shortness of breath that is not because of another illness
– A new sore throat that is not because of another illness
– Sore muscles not because of existing illness, or not from exercise or injury
– Diagnosis of an infection
– Exposure to someone known to be infected
– Someone you are closely associated with experiencing any of the above symptoms.
– You are currently experiencing unmanaged seasonal allergy symptoms (e.g., persistent cough, sneezing).
Questions? Email email@example.com or call Martha Fethe at 904-699-8453.