- This event has passed.
Field Trip: Egans Creek Greenway (Fernandina Beach)
November 6 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
PLEASE NOTE: Attendance will be limited to no more than 25 people, and pre-registration is required. If you register and find you cannot attend, PLEASE cancel your registration to allow others to participate.
Egans Creek Greenway, located on the northern end of Amelia Island, Florida, opened in 2000. The park consists of over 300 acres of protected lands and features grass-covered trails, a nature pavilion and picnic area, benches, a boardwalk, educational kiosks, and several areas designated for wildlife viewing. The saltmarsh provides excellent opportunities for watching wading birds such as herons, egrets, wood storks and seasonal Roseate Spoonbills. We will also look for warblers, vireos, sparrows, and wrens.
Meet at Fernandina Beach Recreation Center, 2500 Atlantic Ave, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034 at 8:00am. We will fill out the sign in sheets before starting the walk.
Bring water, insect repellent and sunscreen. There is a restroom near the kids play area.
COVID-19 NOTE: Masks are not mandatory per the new CDC guidelines, but for the safety of all participants and volunteers, social distancing is still strongly recommended, especially if you are not vaccinated. Please, no sharing of binoculars or scopes.
Please do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days:
– A new fever
– A new cough that is not because of another illness
– A new shortness of breath that is not because of another illness
– A new sore throat that is not because of another illness
– Sore muscles not because of existing illness, or not from exercise or injury
– Diagnosis of an infection
– Exposure to someone known to be infected
– Someone you are closely associated with experiencing any of the above symptoms.
– You are currently experiencing unmanaged seasonal allergy symptoms (e.g., persistent cough, sneezing).