Field Trip: Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park (Jacksonville)
February 5 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Meet at picnic parking area at 8:00am when the park opens, It’s the first right after the Ranger Station, continue down dirt road and you will end at our meeting area. Make sure you bring sunscreen, hat, water, good shoes, a scope, and of course your binoculars. After we get signed in, it’s bird time!
This park is a must for any birder during any season, it has 1.5 miles of coastal beaches where we can do a sea watch and look for shore birds. The 447 acres of maritime hammock are a great place for migrant and wintering songbirds. A small lake in the middle of the park provides a rookery for wading birds.
Questions? Email email@example.com or (day of event) text Martha Fethe: 904-699-8453 or Jeffrey Graham: 904-295-2550.
COVID-19 safety measures
Event will be outdoors
COVID-19 NOTE: Masks are not mandatory per the new CDC guidelines, but for the safety of all participants and volunteers, social distancing is still strongly recommended, especially if you are not vaccinated. Please, no sharing of binoculars or scopes. Please do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days:
– A new fever
– A new cough that is not because of another illness
– A new shortness of breath that is not because of another illness
– A new sore throat that is not because of another illness
– Sore muscles not because of existing illness, or not from exercise or injury
– Diagnosis of an infection
– Exposure to someone known to be infected
– Someone you are closely associated with experiencing any of the above symptoms.
– You are currently experiencing unmanaged seasonal allergy symptoms (e.g., persistent cough, sneezing).