Field Trip: Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge (Folkston, GA)
January 29 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
$5 per vehicle
Leaders: Bill George and Pat Murphy
This refuge is 402,000 acres of swamps and woodlands. They offer boat tours, fishing, hiking, wildlife viewing, and camping. There is a visitor center with restroom facilities and concessions.
Make sure you bring water, lunch, sunscreen, binoculars, and scope. Let’s meet at the visitor center parking lot, sign in and go get some great birds. We will be looking for rails, sparrows, and ducks. It’s possible to get eight different species of woodpeckers at this location!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or (day of event) text Martha Fethe: 904-699-8453
COVID-19 NOTE: Masks are not mandatory per the new CDC guidelines, but for the safety of all participants and volunteers, social distancing is still strongly recommended, especially if you are not vaccinated. Please, no sharing of binoculars or scopes. Please do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days:
– A new fever
– A new cough that is not because of another illness
– A new shortness of breath that is not because of another illness
– A new sore throat that is not because of another illness
– Sore muscles not because of existing illness, or not from exercise or injury
– Diagnosis of an infection
– Exposure to someone known to be infected
– Someone you are closely associated with experiencing any of the above symptoms.
– You are currently experiencing unmanaged seasonal allergy symptoms (e.g., persistent cough, sneezing).