- This event has passed.
Monthly Program: “It’s Never Too Late to Start Birding!” (Jacksonville)
December 20, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Presenter: Helen Kehrt, Duval Audubon Society Board Member
For our first in-person meeting in over a year, we are thrilled to bring you a presentation by our very own Helen Kehrt, who started birding when she was in her mid-50s and is living proof that it’s never too late! Helen will share her fabulous photos from her birding travels over the last several years.
Meetings start with refreshments and socially distanced networking at 6:30 pm and programs at 7:00 pm (unless otherwise noted). We will provide holiday cookies and punch; please feel free to BYOD (Bring Your Own Dinner) and enjoy it during the program. Please also bring your own cup to help cut down on plastic trash at this event. Thank you!
Location: The Club Room @ The Garden Club of Jacksonville, 1005 Riverside Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32204
COVID-19 NOTE: Masks are not mandatory per the new CDC guidelines, but for the safety of all participants and volunteers, social distancing is strongly recommended, and masks are requested when not eating or drinking.
Please do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days:
– A new fever
– A new cough that is not because of another illness
– A new shortness of breath that is not because of another illness
– A new sore throat that is not because of another illness
– Sore muscles not because of existing illness, or not from exercise or injury
– Diagnosis of an infection
– Exposure to someone known to be infected
– Someone you are closely associated with experiencing any of the above symptoms.
– You are currently experiencing unmanaged seasonal allergy symptoms (e.g., persistent cough, sneezing).