North Shore Birding Festival (Mt Dora)
December 2 @ 6:00 am - December 6 @ 6:00 pm
The NORTH SHORE BIRDING FESTIVAL on Lake Apopka in Central Florida highlights the St. Johns River Water Management District’s 20,00-acre Lake Apopka North Shore, Florida’s top eBird hotspot.
This year’s event features FIVE days filled with over 50 field trips organized with COVID-19 precautions in mind.
Attractions include a free keynote talk, sunrise photography and birding trips, walks focusing on owls and whip-poor-wills, and a whole lot more.
Register, see a full schedule, and sign up for updates at https://www.orangeaudubonfl.org/festival/.
Remember that just clicking RSVP here on Meetup is not enough to save your slot. You must follow the prompts on the website to register. Only the Thursday keynote is free. Each trip has a charge of $10 to $75, with no additional festival registration fee. Proceeds support Orange Audubon Society’s nature and environmental center fund or related educational programs.
This year, you can look forward to:
• Five days packed with nearly 60 field trips with built-in COVID-19 precautions
• Exploring Central Florida while looking out for specialty birds
• Four sunrise photography and birding trips
• Owl and woodcock walks
• A star walk at Wekiwa Springs State Park
• The ability to drive into parts of North Shore that are otherwise accessible only by foot or bike
Learn more and sign up at https://northshorebirdingfestival.com/