- This event has passed.
Open House at Crosby Sanctuary Duval Audubon Society Inc. (Orange Park)
October 23 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
CONTACT: Carol Bailey-White (email@example.com)
We know it can be difficult to get some much-needed nature therapy and still observe the sensible social distancing and other precautions recommended by the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html). Our Crosby Sanctuary conservation property in Orange Park is a perfect place to get some outdoor time on your own in a beautiful natural setting.
Therefore, we are opening up Crosby Sanctuary to the public from 8 am until noon on the fourth Saturday of every month (except June, July, August, and December), so you can enjoy this beautiful place. The gates will be open and you can explore the preserve on your own until we close the gates at 12 noon. There are approximately 2.5 miles of hiking trails through the preserve, and walking the full trails will take about 1.5 – 2 hours, depending on your walking speed.
No group activities will be offered during the Open House – it’s just an opportunity for folks to enjoy nature in our favorite place.
IMPORTANT: Please wear close-toed shoes or boots (for your safety, NO SANDALS OR FLIP-FLOPS, please), and bring your own water, sunscreen, bug spray, and a hat if desired.
Duval Audubon Society’s Crosby Sanctuary conservation property is 510 acres of swamp and oak hammock located in the heart of Clay County. Over 145 species of birds have been recorded on the eBird list at the preserve (https://ebird.org/hotspot/L489156).
You can access a printable trail map of the preserve at this link: http://duvalaudubon.org/images/DASimages/Crosby_Trail_Map_2020.pdf
COVID-19 NOTE: Please do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days:
– A new fever
– A new cough that is not because of another illness
– A new shortness of breath that is not because of another illness
– A new sore throat that is not because of another illness
– Sore muscles not because of existing illness, or not from exercise or injury
– Diagnosis of an infection
– Exposure to someone known to be infected
– Someone you are closely associated with experiencing any of the above symptoms.
– You are currently experiencing unmanaged seasonal allergy symptoms (e.g., persistent cough, sneezing).
Location: The entrance to Crosby is at 427 Aquarius Concourse, Orange Park, Florida. No fee.