- This event has passed.
Field Trip: Ringhaver Park (Jacksonville)
November 13 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
PLEASE NOTE: Attendance will be limited to no more than 25 people, and pre-registration is required. If you register and find you cannot attend, PLEASE cancel your registration to allow others to participate.
This park is 576 acres of sports fields, mixed woodlands, and an 826 foot boardwalk along the Ortega River.
We will meet near the baseball fields and sign in. From here we could check for American Kestrel and American Pipit. From here we will walk Ortega Stream Valley Trail and make our way toward the boardwalk. Birds we can target are Hermit Thrush, American Bittern, rails, and Sedge Wren.
Bring binoculars, drinks, snacks, sunscreen, bug spray, sturdy walking shoes, and a hat if desired.
5198 118th St, Jacksonville, FL 32224
COVID-19 NOTE: Masks are not mandatory per the new CDC guidelines, but for the safety of all participants and volunteers, social distancing is still strongly recommended, especially if you are not vaccinated. Please, no sharing of binoculars or scopes.
Please do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days:
– A new fever
– A new cough that is not because of another illness
– A new shortness of breath that is not because of another illness
– A new sore throat that is not because of another illness
– Sore muscles not because of existing illness, or not from exercise or injury
– Diagnosis of an infection
– Exposure to someone known to be infected
– Someone you are closely associated with experiencing any of the above symptoms.
– You are currently experiencing unmanaged seasonal allergy symptoms (e.g., persistent cough, sneezing).