- This event has passed.
Bird Walk and Work Day: Crosby Sanctuary (Orange Park)
February 20 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Leader: Pete Johnson (904-536-4806)
Duval Audubon Society’s Crosby Sanctuary conservation property is over 500 acres of swamp and oak hammock located in the heart of Clay County. Over 140 species of birds have been recorded on the eBird list at this park.
Beginning January 2021, Duval Audubon will resume monthly bird walks through the sanctuary from 8:00 am to 9:30 am. Please wear close-toed shoes or boots (for your safety, no sandals or flip-flops, please), and bring water, sunscreen, bug spray, and a hat if desired.
For those who are willing and able, after the bird walk there is a work day until 12 pm to help maintain the park and keep it free of invasive plants and trash. If you are staying for the work day, please also bring work gloves, loppers, scissor-style hedge clippers, or any other trail maintenance type tools if you have them.
For the safety of all participants and volunteers, face masks and social distancing will be required during the entire event (both the bird walk and the work day). Please, no sharing of binoculars or scopes.
Attendance will be limited to no more than 20 people. IF YOU RSVP AND FIND YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE CANCEL YOUR REGISTRATION SO THAT OTHERS MAY PARTICIPATE.
COVID-19 NOTE: Please do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days:
– A new fever
– A new cough that is not because of another illness
– A new shortness of breath that is not because of another illness
– A new sore throat that is not because of another illness
– Sore muscles not because of existing illness, or not from exercise or injury
– Diagnosis of an infection
– Exposure to someone known to be infected
– Someone you are closely associated with experiencing any of the above symptoms.
– You are currently experiencing unmanaged seasonal allergy symptoms (e.g., persistent cough, sneezing).